Quail Creek Pro Shop Update
Roadrunner Course Updates
The project on the Roadrunner course is complete and includes:
- Bunkers now include capillary concrete and, so far, have functioned very well concerning drainage.
- New sand, Arizona Gold, provides a white color and is softer for bunker shots.
- The newly sprigged greens with Mini Verde came in great! The color of the greens provides a wonderful putting surface for the entire year.
Quail Creek Pro Shop
If you are a new golfer at Quail Creek, a golf community in Arizona, please be sure to stop in and see the Pro Shop staff so they can register you in Chelsea, which is an automated reservation system for tee times. The staff is also happy to answer any questions you might have concerning golf at Quail Creek, such as golfing associations, open play, and more. We also provide a monthly golf calendar that is available on the HOA website. This is a good tool to use prior to making tee time requests on the reservation system.
Changes/Updates for Tournament Play
Recently, there have been some changes/updates for checking in for tournament play on association days. They are as follows:
- The collection of competition fees will no longer be cash but rather processed at the point of sale by the Pro Shop staff.
- Competition fees will be charged to each player’s member account unless they prefer to use a credit card, gift card, or the player’s winnings/credit account. In this case, annual golfing members will be required to check-in at the cashier window.
- Players will not be permitted to pay competition fees for other players.
- Annual golfing members will no longer need to check-in at the cashier window for shotgun starts on association days, providing that they use their member charge account.
- Staging of shotgun starts (carts and players) will be at The Grill parking lot or at the Madera Clubhouse parking lot for special events that require the use of the ballroom or other areas needed.
- Distribution of the official scorecards for tournaments will be done at the staging area.
Written by: Joel Jaress, Quail Creek Head Golf Professional