See How the Robson Resort Communities Have Grown Over the Past 50 Years
Our 50th anniversary marks an amazing milestone! The Robson Resort Communities have championed developing 55+ luxury retirement communities since 1972. The progress of each community reflects our dedication to creating a community lifestyle that fosters wellness, connection, and adventure for active adults. See how the Robson Resort Communities have grown over the past 50 years!
- In 1972, Robson acquired 2,560 acres of farmland in a limited partnership for the Sun Lakes development.
- In 1976, Robson transitioned from offering lots and mobile homes to on-site single-family homes.
- Sun Lakes is now sold-out and is comprised of approximately 10,000 homes, five golf courses, five country clubs, two shopping centers, and a medical and education center.
SADDLEBROOKE & THE PRESERVE AT SADDLEBROOKE
- SaddleBrooke, located in Tucson, opened in 1987.
- The Preserve at SaddleBrooke opened in 2004.
- In 2020, SaddleBrooke reached a milestone of selling approximately 4,500 homes.
- 2020 – The Preserve at SaddleBrooke earns Best of 55+ Housing Award for detached home over 3,000 sq. ft. – The Bacara model.
- Today, approximately 600 homeowners call this Tucson active adult community, The Preserve at SaddleBrooke, home.
- PebbleCreek launched in 1993 offering retirement living in Goodyear, Arizona.
- 2013 – PebbleCreek awarded “Hall of Fame Community” by Where to Retire Magazine.
- 2015 – PebbleCreek held its inaugural DesertFest Event, later winning “Best 55+ Sales/Marketing Event” by the National Association of Homebuilders 55+ Housing Council.
- 2017 – Oasis Pool Complex opens at PebbleCreek adding to the resort living amenities.
- 2018 – PebbleCreek celebrated its 5,000th home sale.
- Today, more than 9,000 active adults call PebbleCreek home.
- In 1999, Quail Creek is acquired in Green Valley.
- 2013 – Quail Creek named on the “50 Best Master-Planned Communities” list by Where to Retire Magazine.
- In 2013, the Pickleball Complex at Quail Creek opened with 16 courts adding to the lineup of upscale resort amenities.
- 2015 – The Creative Arts & Technology Center opened and earned the Innovation Achievement Award in 2016 by the National Association of Homebuilders 55+ Housing Council.
- Today, nearly 3,000 homeowners call this southern Arizona retirement community home.
ROBSON RANCH TEXAS
- In 2001, Robson Ranch Texas, in Denton, held its Grand Opening celebration.
- 2007 – Robson Ranch Texas makes “Most Active Metroplex Residential Community” list by the Dallas Business Journal.
- 2018 – 9,500 sq. ft. Pinnacle Fitness Center opens to residents and enhances the active adult lifestyle.
- 2020 – Robson Ranch in Denton earns Silver Award for “Best For Sale Community over 200 Homes” by the National Association of Home Builders 55+ Housing Council.
- Today, more than 2,500 homeowners call this upscale 55+ Texas retirement community home.
ROBSON RANCH ARIZONA
- Located in the greater Phoenix metro area near Casa Grande, Robson Ranch Arizona launched in 2005.
- In 2013, Robson Ranch held its first USAPA Annual Skill Level Tournament on the 16 community Pickleball courts.
- Adding to the resort living amenities, the Ranch House clubhouse opened in 2015. The Ranch House features a ballroom/auditorium with a stage, men’s and women’s dressing rooms, two multi-purpose rooms, a lounge, a private dining room, and more.
- 2017 – Robson Ranch Arizona won “Best Outdoor Lifestyle Amenity” by the National Association of Home Builders 55+ Housing Council.
- 2018 – Robson Ranch Arizona celebrated its 1,000th home closing.
- SaddleBrooke Ranch opened just north of Tucson, Arizona in 2008.
- 2012 – SaddleBrooke Ranch wins Best of 55+ Housing Award for Best Clubhouse – La Hacienda Club.
- 2016 – SaddleBrooke Ranch unveiled its 24-court Pickleball complex.
- 2018 – The Ranch House makes its debut featuring, Ranch House Grill & Brewery, private dining, ballroom, lounge, event lawn, and more.
- 2021 – The Community Garden, Ed’s Dogs, and new tennis & bocce courts were added to the luxury retirement amenities.
- Today, more than 1,200 homeowners call this Arizona 55 community home.
Learn more about the new homes for sale within each actively selling Robson Resort Community today by calling 800-732-9949 to request more information or start your new home search here.